Friday 17 July 2009

caspian - some are white light


I *like* a lot of music, and i *love* a considerable sub-section of this, but every now and then a song comes along that just blows me away completely. My fellow band-member and king of tuning JimmyP introduced me to a post-rock band called Caspian recently who sounded really impressive from what i heard on their MySpace, and after listening to more of their stuff i discovered this one track called 'some are white light' which really stood out to me.

So just *how* good is this track!?!?! This is a rhetorical question, the answer to which is "very friggin' good indeed!", it's the kind of song that makes me want to give up writing music because i know i'll never write anything as good as this!

The bit at 03:40 where everything breaks off except the two guitars for a brief moment is amazing, and you know that something good is coming, then the bass gets proper heavy at 04:10 to say "RAAARRRR, I'm coming to getcha!!!!" and then at 04:30 an epic smile-inducing, finger-widdling riff kicks in and sends a proper shiver down my spine

you can listen to it here at last.fm and you bloody well should!


On a slight tangent, I watched The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian the other day; worth watching just for Reepicheep - the swashbuckling mouse played by Eddie Izzard … legend!


No comments:

Post a Comment